Thursday, October 4, 2012
Recipe: Baked Spaghetti in Garlic Bread
Okay...I admit I have a Pinterest problem at the moment..especially when it comes to recipes.
Why would anyone in their right mind ever bake spaghetti in garlic bread?
It called to me...just like waffle sandwiches and milk-chocolate dipped potato chips...
I told the husband what we were having for diner...he just shook his head, almost as if he didn't believe what I said.
And I did it...made a big mess, but I did it...
I BAKED SPAGHETTI IN GARLIC BREAD, AND IT WAS SO GOOD THAT HALF THE LOAF WAS GONE IN FIVE MINUTES FLAT!
Things you should know:
1. I have tweaked the original recipe a bit.
2. This is definitely not a recipe for those on a diet.
3. You will make a mess while assembling this recipe...but it is so worth it!
Baked Spaghetti in Garlic Bread
One (1) Loaf Frozen Bread Dough, thawed to room temperature
or Twelve (12) Individual Frozen Dinner Rolls
Six (6) ounces Spaghetti, cooked and cooled to room temperature
One (1) cup thick Spaghetti Sauce
One-half (1/2) pound lean hamburger meat, cooked and cooled to room temperature
Note: I flavored the meat with 1/2 diced Onion and about 2 teaspoons minced Garlic while cooking.
Eight (8) ounces Mozzarella, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
Two (2) teaspoons Unsalted Butter, melted
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1. Roll your bread dough into a 12X16 rectangle. Let your dough rest for 15 minutes.
2. Lay the cooled spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down the center of the dough.
3. Top the spaghetti with the meat, sauce, and mozzarella.
4. Make cuts approximately 1-1/2 inches along long side of dough within 1/2 inch of filling.
5. Braid strips of dough over filling..right over left, left over right.
6. Tuck ends of bread underneath so you won't loose any filling.
7. Very carefully lift bread with BOTH HANDS onto your prepared baking sheet.
8. Smoother that thing in all that butter goodness, making sure all cracks and crevices are covered.
9. Sprinkle on that shredded cheese and parsley so it looks pretty.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
This would be a good point to clean up that mess you made while rolling out the dough.
Remember to breath deeply while it's baking...smells fabulous!
11. Let it rest for ten (10) long, long, long minutes...slice and enjoy!