I came home to a "big leak" at the kitchen sink.
It's raining and cold outside.
Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff...courtesy of AllRecipes.com
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 1/8 cup margarine
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- Put chicken, margarine and dressing mix in slow cooker; mix together and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Add cream cheese and soup, mix together and cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through and warm.
I'm cheap (or frugal for those who don't want to admit being cheap). As chicken breasts at the market are very expensive these days, I put a whole chicken in the crockpot (on sale at the market at 89cents/lb) and shred the chicken once done. I also added in some fresh mushrooms to give it more flavor.
It seems to be something that kids would love (think macaroni and cheese) and very easy for a day with lots going on. I think I will make it again, but next time add some more flavor...maybe cilantro or chives or even some red peppers...hmm, who knows?
Post a Comment