Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Recipe: Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Because we have the first zucchini of the season....
Because it's National Chocolate Chip Day....
And because I haven't posted a recipe in a while....
May I present Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread for your enjoyment?
PS: Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread? Just add a drizzle of chocolate ganache on the top of the loaf
Double Chocolate Zucchini
adapted from King Arthur Flour's recipe
2 Large Eggs
1/3 cup Honey
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/3 cup Dutch-Processed Cocoa
1-2/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 cups Zucchini, unpeeled and shredded
1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8-1/2" x 4-1/2" loaf pan.
2. Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix together just until well combined.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place in oven.
4. Bake the bread for 65 to 75 minutes minutes, until the loaf tests done.
Note: remember your test might have a smear of chocolate chips.
5. Remove the bread from the oven, and let it cool for 10-15 minutes before turning onto a rack.
6. Cool completely before slicing; store well-wrapped at room temperature.