Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Recipe: Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Because we have the first zucchini of the season....
Because it's National Chocolate Chip Day....
And because I haven't posted a recipe in a while....
May I present Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread for your enjoyment?
PS: Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread? Just add a drizzle of chocolate ganache on the top of the loaf
Double Chocolate Zucchini
adapted from King Arthur Flour's recipe
2 Large Eggs
1/3 cup Honey
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/3 cup Dutch-Processed Cocoa
1-2/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 cups Zucchini, unpeeled and shredded
1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8-1/2" x 4-1/2" loaf pan.
2. Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix together just until well combined.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place in oven.
4. Bake the bread for 65 to 75 minutes minutes, until the loaf tests done.
Note: remember your test might have a smear of chocolate chips.
5. Remove the bread from the oven, and let it cool for 10-15 minutes before turning onto a rack.
6. Cool completely before slicing; store well-wrapped at room temperature.
Posted by Unknown at 12:03 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
yum, yum and YUM
I have had and used a very similar recipe for 30 years. My Aunt Marie called them "Lunchbox Squares". I don't peel the succhini and I let it drain in a colander with a little of the salt to get rid of excess water in it while mixing the other ingredients. I always substitute applesauce for the oil for less fat and sweeten with just 1 3/4 c. sugar. I bake it in a greased 9" x 13" pan @ 350 for 45 mins. If it's not quite done, I turn off the oven & leave it in 5 more minutes. I sprinkle regular chocolate chips & walnuts on top. Always a big hit.
Looks delicious. Can I call it healthy since it has zucchini in it? The only way my kids will eat squash is if it's baked into breads or cakes. Have a super day!
pinned to be made in a week or two when my zucchini are coming out of my ears.
and even yummier!
Post a Comment