Thursday, May 16, 2013
Recipe: Banana Blueberry Bread
It's not usually a problem to buy bananas in the spring.
But earlier this week the temperatures rose into the high 90's, and my bananas quickly turned to sugar.
Banana bread was needed...and since there were blueberries in the refrigerator, they got thrown in there too!
Be warned: this recipe is a miss-mosh of several recipes I've done in the past....totally made to the taste of my family. Feel free to add nuts or chocolate if you want....bread needs to be happy!
Banana Blueberry Bread
3/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Butter, softened
2 Large Eggs
1 cup Mashed Bananas (usually 2 medium)
Note: make sure those bananas are definitely ripe
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, if desired
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8-1/2" x 4-1/2" loaf pan.
2. Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix together just until well combined.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place in oven.
4. Bake the bread for 50 to 60 minutes minutes, until the loaf tests done.
Note: remember your test might have a smear of chocolate chips.
5. Remove the bread from the oven, and let it cool for 10-15 minutes before turning onto a rack.
6. Cool completely before slicing; wrap tightly and store any leftovers in the refrigerator.