Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Recipe: Lemon Blackberry Zucchini Cake
Zucchini seem to be coming out of our ears right now....
I've done Lemon Zucchini Bread, Lemon Zuchini Blueberry Bread, and Turkey Burgers with Zucchini.
Time for something pretty...
A cake is pretty, especially if it's done in a bundt pan.
Doesn't it look pretty?
And I didn't even frost it this time.
Lemon Blackberry Zucchini Cake
3 cups shredded Zucchini
1-1/2 cups Sugar
2 large Eggs
1 cup melted Butter
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
3 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
Zest of one Lemon
2 cups Blackberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except blackberries just until mixed. Fold in your blueberries every so lightly.
3. Pour into your prepared bundt pan and bake 60-75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
4. Remove from the oven and let cool for five minutes.
5. Give the bundt pan a few taps on the counter to help loosen the cake and let it continue to cool ten more minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
If you want a frosting may I suggest a simple Cream Cheese Frosting? Cream together 4 oz cream cheese that has been softened, 3 tablespoons butter that has been softened, 2 cups powdered sugar, and one teaspoon lemon juice....beat just until smooth and frost your cake.