Downton Abbey, Earl Grey Tea, and a bit of Lemon Pound Cake....sounds fab, doesn't it?
I have to admit I grabbed onto this recipe when I found it on Pinterest the other day....
and made it the next day.
Unfortunately it didn't turn out so well that first time...
the inside was a bit like warm pudding
not the product I was looking for...
but it was really, really good!
So I tried again...
mixed it all together...
added a bit of vanilla...
increased the oven temperature...
and baked it a bit longer.
Now I feel absolutely comfortable sharing it with you, as it turned out totally perfect! I even switched up the lemons for the glaze...more of a tart taste to offset the sweetness of the cake...love!
LEMON POUND CAKE
Adapted from Plain Chicken's recipe found on Pinterest
3 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
3/4 teaspoon Salt
3 cups Sugar
1 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
1/2 cup Shortening, room temperature
5 large Eggs
1 cup Whole Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
6 tablespoons Meyers Lemon Juice
1 Meyers Lemon, zested
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray two (2) loaf pans or one (1) Bundt pan.
3. Cream together sugar, butter, shortening, eggs, milk, vanilla, lemon juice and zest in your electric mixer.
4. Add dry ingredients, using a low speed on your mixer and blending just until incorporated.
5. Pour batter into your prepared pan(s) and bake approximately 55 minutes, or until your tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Cool in pans for 15 minutes, turn cakes out onto baking racks and then let cool completely.
Post a Comment