Saturday, November 26, 2011
Chinese Food Rant
My husband and daughter would eat Chinese food each and every meal if you let them. Needless to say, I've eaten a lot of Chinese food...and personally come to detest the stuff.
However, as my daughter is home for the Thanksgiving weekend from college in Indiana, I knew the weekend would have at least one meal of the dreaded stuff....little did I know it would be more than one.
Our holiday weekend dinners went something like this:
- Wednesday: Sushi...luckily I could beg off as I was cooking for everyone the next day.
- Thursday: Thanksgiving dinner...no Chinese food involved.
- Friday: Thai...isn't that a close relative of Chinese food?
And the all important Saturday...the last night before she goes back to college. What does she want?
Chinese food....the real stuff...nothing else will do.
Dear Husband suggested a trying a new place, as he's always on the lookout for a better Chinese meal.
- Beautifully decorated.
- Attentive staff.
What we got (at least in my opinion)....
- A restaurant that reeked of body odor.
- Two older ladies enjoying a meal, one trying to explain the difference of Skype and Facebook to someone who was obviously not computer-literate. (Note I said "older"...no disrespect intended.)
- Luke-warm food.
But the worst thing about the restaurant? They used MINUTE RICE...not even the real stuff.
Needless to say, I won't go back there again...and have prohibited my family from even bringing up "Chinese food" for the next year. Don't you think I've suffered enough?
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
oh you poor thing!!! I love chinese food but it has to be GOOD and HOT....and NO body odor.....lololololol
Oh my word! MINUTE RICE???
BO??? Lukewarm food???
Now tell me, not even Chinese turkey?
Post a Comment